Using the demand for NBA jerseys Australia growing dramatically in the last decade, so have the amount of fake or counterfeit jerseys available as authentic. Unfortunately, counterfeit jerseys are big business. It is actually estimated that tens of huge amounts of money are lost every year to counterfeiters. Legitimate sales are lost, producer’s royalties are unpaid, and the sports fans get inferior quality merchandise – everybody loses!
Many scam artists setup shop and peddle their fake merchandise at sporting events and temporary locations. The sales pitch usually begins with a good deal price. This is usually the hook that is used to lure the prospective buyer right into a high-pressure sales hype.
The seller may let you know that the real reason for the bargain price is simply because they received a good deal on overstocked merchandise, or these people were fortunate enough to buy out the stock of a going-out-of-business retailer. Not to mention, all of this has a “guarantee” how the sports jersey is the genuine article. Don’t buy it!
Most likely these sports jerseys are knock-offs (unauthorized copies) shipped in from overseas. These fakes usually come with sub-standard materials and inferior manufacturing processes. Bad stitching, faded colors, off-sizes, and all sorts of-around cheap appearance are typical characteristics of your counterfeit jersey.
These same unscrupulous vendors go high tech by selling their fake merchandise on the net. If you wish to try your hands at buying that favorite sports jersey at one of several online auctions – reconsider! It is estimated that as much as 95% from the Mitchell & Ness throwback jerseys in love with eBay are counterfeits.
Law enforcement agencies are starting to police these fake sports jerseys and the vendors that sell them. The counterfeit jerseys are increasingly being confiscated and also the vendors arrested. Selling or manufacturing counterfeit jerseys is an extremely serious crime. Penalties for the first offense are a fine up to $2 million and several years in prison. A 2nd offense virtually doubles these penalties.
Despite these efforts, there exists still a tremendous black market for the counterfeit jerseys. The policing agencies are only not staffed around stop the larger inflow of these NBA Australia to arrive from overseas. So, your greatest advice is – Buyer Beware!
Follow these 6 tips and there is no doubt that your particular next purchase could be the “real deal” – an authorized, high-quality official sports jersey:
* Be suspicious of prices too good to be true – they normally are.
* Don’t purchase your jersey from your street vendor – authorized dealers rarely market authentic sport jerseys in stadium parking lots or on street corners.
* Look at the jersey carefully. Fakes ordinarily have poor stitching and faded (or wrong) team colors.
* Amazingly, check the spelling of the name in the team or player. Fakes often times have misspellings. Think it over – a reputation like R-o-e-t-h-l-i-s-b-e-r-g-e-r just isn’t so easy to obtain right.
* Search for the state sport logo – NHL, NFL, MLB, NBA, etc. Most cheap NBA jerseys Australia display the league logo such as a hologram.
* Official jerseys display the name of dexupky45 licensed manufacturer along with a trademark — this really is a must.
Remember – when the “deal” sounds too good, it probably is! Smart sports fans, like you, make their sports jersey purchases from reputable, licensed merchants and are proud of knowing they are wearing the actual DEAL!